Wednesday 1 December 2010

Flourgirl's MSE Challenge Winter Wonderland Sketch


I first came to serious cardmaking as a hobby through MSE where we take it in turns to set the challenge and Karen set us a lovely sketch to use with the sub plot 'Winter Wonderland'. I knew what I wanted to do but events conspired against me to finish it in time. Ah well!

The image came from my SIL & I scanned it to get the right proportions for my card, the marks you can see are the skaters traces which if I use this again I will remove 'cos they now look like dirty marks. The blue snowy paper is Pink Petticoat. For the bottom paper I tried to use glitter card but it looked far too pink! So, I embossed a piece of card with my Cuttlebug dotty folder, sprayed it with spraymount and covered it in glamourdust. I gave the bottom of the image the same treatment to blend. The sentiment is Craftwork cards, ribbon from my stash and the snowflakes are table confetti.

Thank you for looking......

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Flourgirls MSE challenge - Just in case I'm not too late!
The Crafty Pad - Snowflakes
OSAAT - Glitz it up
Craft Your Days Away - Texture
Our Daily Bread - Snowflakes
One Stop Craft - Christmas Cuties
Alphabet Challenge - e for embossing
Bah Humbug - Feeling the blues
Karber Weekly - Sparkle
A Crafty Little Place - Anything Goes

26 comments:

  1. Hi Marg.
    Such a pretty card - the glittery embossed card looks wonderful. I personally wouldn't remove the skater tracks 'cos it gives some perspective to the skaters and without them it would look like they'd dropped into position - maybe from outer space LOL. However you could pretty them up by adding sparkle with a glue pen and glamour dust.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DTv

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect card for playing along with us at TCP. Pop along to visit us again next week as it's our 100th challenge with lots of fun things going on. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marg thats fabulous!!! What a beautiful Winter Wonderland scene. I absolutely love everything about it. Thankyou for taking the time to enter my challenge too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet scene!! Gorgeous coloring, colors and design! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the light snowflake challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, I like the half embossed look and that sweet image. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft this week. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool card - love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the image and I think the skaters tracks on the ice look great :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card with soft gentle colours.
    What a brilliant idea to glitter an embossed piece of card, it looks gorgeous and super sparkly. A truly wonderful and magical Winter scene.

    Thank you so much for joining in our last challange of 2010.
    irene
    Bah!Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us @ CYDA. Good Luck. (GD)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this card Margaret, what a gorgeous image and beautiful paper and embellies. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for my Texture challenge, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marg this is so pretty, love the sweet image :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card love the image thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a darling card! Thank you for playing The Karber Weekly Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty card Marg. I love all the sparkles and the image is lovely. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful card Marg. Love the image that you have used.
    Thankyou for sharing with us at OSAAT for our glitter and bling challenge. Good Luck !

    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, what a fun card!!! I love this little couple ice skating together!!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a gorgeous card, I love the image. Thanks for playing along at One Stop Craft Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card Marg and such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty. Very cute image. Thanks for playing at OSAAT. Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, what a sweet image. Love the design of this adorable card. I love your snow theme.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DTC@ACLP

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card, fab layout, great DP and lovely colouring. :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad Challenge this week. :)

    Pop back on Sunday to check out our big 100th celebration - lots of prizes and fun. :)

    Debbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card, I love all of the snow!
    Thanks for joining in with our Celebrate in Style and Bling it Up challenge at OSAAT.

    Crafty Creations by AJ
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab card - looks very wintery. Really like the image you have used on here Margaret.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment I do appreciate it.