Friday 28 May 2010

May CP swap














The May card swap challenge on Crafty Place was set by Sarah and entitled 'Here comes the sun'. My partner was the lovely Jacqui who sent me a delightful card and matching bookmark with a vintage image. I love it Jacqui - Thank you!

I really struggled to come up with a fresh idea that I could 'do' as my colouring leaves a lot to be desired. I eventually settled on this busy Penny Black? gardener hedgehog watering his giant sunflower and matched it with a giant sunny prima flower of my own centred by a glassy gem. I used pistachio Pink Petticoat polka dots paper (I'm glad I don't have to say that) and bridged the join with ribbon coloured with Copic New Leaf green. Flowers from I can't remember where? once again cover my wonky layering and a little 'Hello' just stops it all looking a bit bare. Oh! and I edged the bottom with my MS doily punch. I do hope Jacqui has received it otherwise I may have spoilt the surprise.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card from Jacqui and what a super hedgehog image and beautiful fresh looking card you sent to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Marg. I love your penny black image xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards.. they are brill.. :D Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to post directly on your blog. I'm so pleased you liked your card. Thank you so much for your card and the amazing stamped images you sent me. I'm so embarassed I've not said so here before now. Thanks again. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment I do appreciate it.