Thursday, 10 March 2011

Pastel Pink and Green


Sadly, neither of these photographs give a good account of the card and you can hardly tell what colours I've used.  It's been posted to the recipient so I can't try again. Think I need to look again at the settings on the camera. Any suggestions Anyone?

The inspiration for this card came from these very cute bear pictures that I found whilst we were sorting through my MIL's house. They tell a story of the little bear buying flowers, crossing a field and knocking on the recipients door. I thought they were perfect for birthdays. I scanned and reduced them and layered with a springlike green card, again it's the back of Co-ordinations whitewash. Why can I never find the colour I need anywhere else in my stash? The pink and green stripey paper is from SU Sweet Pea range and brighter than it looks here. The pictures were going to look a little flat just matted so I layered the first and last with foam pads to add a bit of dimension. The Craftwork sentiment was double layered too and attached with foam pads. The tiny pink flowers I punched with my Tesco punch added a Papermania shimmer dot and stuck them on with glue dots.

Thank you for looking.....I'd like to enter some challenge

Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes 
Alys Sunday Challenge - Anything Goes
Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
Wild Orchid Challenge  - Anything Goes
Little Claire Designs - Flowers
Lily of the Valley - Say it with Flowers
Bearly Mine - Birthdays



Margaret x
 

18 comments:

  1. Love this card Marg. The story the pictures tell are priceless. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a lovely card Marg, the layout looks great. I love that little bear, he is adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really pretty Marg, love the papers and the images :) X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, I love this card Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card! love the bears! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret - that's a lovely card. The layout is fab and so are the images and colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute! thanks for playing with Bugaboo! JOY DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow fabulous card, love those papers and you image. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so cute!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Little Claire's Designs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the card - they images are so cute, and the colours you have used work really well together xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine....

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, love the three picture design

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really sweet Marg, you've done such a good job. Can't help out with the camera stuff though - my piccies are very hit and miss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely layout and such beautiful images! Love it!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Marg, so sweet and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Marg, really pretty colours

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Marg. Thank you for joining with us at LOTV this week.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Marg. Thank you for joining with us at LOTV this week.
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment I do appreciate it.