Tuesday, 20 July 2010


I made this card for Emma for her birthday. She is  my Godson's Wife to Be (they are getting married in two weeks time)  I knew it had to be a pretty card and wanted to use the lovely LOTV image. I'd decided on the dotty Pink Petticoat paper as background, cut the scalloped circles from the MME paper and was sat pondering what to put in the other circle when the postie arrived with my CP card swap prize from the lovely Sarah and there it was! the exact paper I needed! Thank you Sarah, a life saver! I used my MS doily punch to shape the backing paper, and a 'frill', threaded a sliver of the backing paper through some lace to cover the join and added the Craftwork sentiment. I don't think you can see on this photo but I added a dab of glossy accent to the centre of the flowers on 'Sarah's' paper.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
The Craftypad - Pink Photo Inspiration
Pollycraft challenge blog - Happy Birthday
Wild Orchid challenge - Flowers (you can tell I need 'proper' ones)
Craftalicious Challenges - Birthdays
Stampavie and more - Anything Goes

Thank you for reading this far, I do appreciate your comments

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Marg. I love the image you've used. I'm sure Emma is going to love this. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, I love everything about it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I really really love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so pretty Marg, I love all the pink and the image is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really pretty pink girls card. I love it the images is absolutely fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i love the layout and it's so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe what a sweet little card. I just love everything about it, the lacy bit just adds the perfect girly touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card indeed - what a sweet image too. :)

    Thanks for playing alone with us at the crafty pad and good luck. :)

    xxDebbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, great colours and papers. Thanks for joining in the challenge at The Crafty Pad this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card - I love the papers, colour and the super cute image. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe!! how cute is this, Such a sweet card, you've captured the colour combo perfectly. Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad with your lovely creation.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Card, love the layout.

    Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful delicate card. It looks as if you've watercoloured the image, it's so soft and pretty. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment I do appreciate it.